Jacobus Coaches recognises that our day-to-day operations inevitably impact on the environment in several ways. It is the policy of Jacobus Coaches to minimise the potentially harmful effects of such activities wherever and whenever possible.
As part of our continuing drive to promote a positive and caring contribution to the protection of the environment we have developed a comprehensive policy statement which will enable us to set the targets by which our efforts towards sustainable environmental improvements can be measured and monitored on a regular basis.
In doing this, environmental regulations, laws and codes of practice will be regarded as setting the minimum standards of our environmental performance.
We have undertaken to help every employee to give full support to this policy by providing support and training thereby ensuring that they understand and contribute to ongoing improvements.
The Managing Director has specific responsibility for policy development, coordination and evaluation of performance.
Jacobus Coaches is committed to minimising the impact of its operation on the environment by means of a programme of continuous improvement.
Jacobus Coaches will:
1. Meet, and where appropriate, exceed the requirements of all relevant legislation.
2. Recycle packaging material (wherever possible).
3. Minimise waste in all operations, especially hazardous waste should it occur. We will dispose of all waste through safe and responsible methods and have a systematic procedure to cope with accidental spillages.
4. Work with partner suppliers to ensure that products they supply to Jacobus Coaches have been carefully formulated to minimise their impact on the environment.
5. Ensure that partner suppliers are committed to environmental improvements and where necessary compare alternative suppliers in respect of their environmental performance.
6. Seek to realise the benefits of reduced fuel consumption and lower exhaust emissions through coordinating route planning.
7 Use environmentally safe and sustainable energy sources to meets the needs of the business.
8. Annually monitor our performance in implementing these principles and in complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
Date: 1st Sept 2021